Sightseeing tours
1. The Large Market walk – about 1 hour
This walk is recommended to those who do not spend a lot of time in the Settlement. The walk starts from the parking in front of the administrative building. Let us visit the Ethnographical Museum. We should then cross the road and visit the Fire Station and the Unitarian Church. Let us walk next to the school and admire the buildings of the Lower Market Row. We should then arrive to the pipe of the Large Pool. This is the place from where one can have the best view towards the Seckler Rock and also to the Upper Market Row. Let us walk in front of the urban style houses of the Upper Market Row, let us admire the elaborated facade decorations and wrought iron details. In the Southern part of the Market Square we should have a look at the eclectic houses. Let us find the commemorative inscription on house no. 15, dedicated to Andras Roman, the initiator of heritage preservation in Rimetea. We should admire the Zsakó-Ekárt house of the Southern Row. Let us notice the nicely carved gates, and large barns behind the houses as well.

2. The tour of the entire village – about 2.5 - 3 hours
It is recommended to those who would like to know in depth the heritage of Rimetea. The walk starts at the parking in front of the administrative building. Let us visit the Ethnographical Museum. We should then cross the road and visit the Fire Station and the Unitarian Church. Let us walk to the Upper Market row, and then to Large Pool. This is the place from where one can have the best view towards the Seckler Rock and also to the Upper Market Row. Let us walk on Upper Street and have a look at the Unitarian Parish building. At the triple junction we should continue on the middle street and we will arrive at the neighborhood of the mining families. Opposite to a small water spout we should notice the reconstruction of an 18C mining house (today the community house of the Lyceum Foundation). Turning left on Drawersback Street we should then find inside plot no. 237, an original serf house from 1749. Continuing towards the South on New Street we should visit the oldest rural building of the Carpathian Basin built in 1668. We can reach the Upper Market Row through the narrow Passage. (In case of rain or frost we should pay extra attention to the slippery pavement, and we should walk here only if we have proper shoes.) We should walk around the large square, viewing the eclectic facades and the Zsakó- Ekárt house. In the middle of the Lower Market Row we should walk towards the Little Market, where among houses with various styles we should find the water mill dated from 1752. (In order to visit the privately owned old mill we should knock and enter on gate no. 48 and look for the Both family.) If we still have time we can visit the traditional row of houses in Lower Fortress Street.

3. The 18th century heritage – about 2 hours, with extensions about 3 hours
(The description of the extensions is formatted in italic.)
The walk starts at the parking in front of the administrative building. Let us visit the Ethnographical Museum which has a rich collection of 18th century exhibits. Let us walk to the Upper Market Row, and then to Large Pool. This is the place from where one can have the best view towards the Seckler Rock and also to the Upper Market Row. Let us walk on Upper Street. At the triple junction we should turn right, and walking beside the Little Pool, at the end turning again to the right we should find an old 18th century house (no. 200). We should return to the triple junction and continue on the middle street. We will arrive to the neighborhood of the mining families. Opposite to a water spout we should notice the reconstruction of an 18C mining house (no. 208). Continuing on Miners Street we should stop before house no. 232. Here attached to a house from the 18th century a little pub can be seen, where miners walking towards their mines had their drinks before a week long mining session. Turning back on Drawersback Street we should then find inside plot no. 237 an original serf house from 1749. Inside of the house we can view two reconstructed tiled fire places and a baking oven with ears characteristic to the village. Continuing towards the South on New Street we should visit the oldest rural building of the Carpathian Basin built in 1668. Inside the house we can see a reconstructed baking oven and a tiled fire place. We can reach the Upper Market Row through the narrow Passage. (In case of rain or frost we should pay extra attention to the slippery pavement, and we should walk here only if we have proper shoes.) Walking on St George Street we should find plot no. 305 where on the serf house built in 1717 the old red painted window frames are still visible. In the middle of the Lower Market Row we should walk towards the Little Market, where among houses with various styles we should find the water mill dated to 1752. (In order to visit the privately owned old mill we should knock and enter on gate no. 48 and look for the Both family.) If we still have time we can visit the 18th century house on the end of Upper Fortress Street (no. 60).

4. The tour of museums – about 1.5 hours
The walk starts at the parking in front of the administrative building. Let us visit the Ethnographical Museum, which has a rich collection dedicated to the history and ethnography of the village. Two rooms are dedicated to iron mining and manufacture. As well as objects related to mining there are many valuable wrought iron products, and a small scale model of a furnace, makes us understand the medieval technologies which have survived in the village. As well as a reconstructed fire place, several original tiles and objects related to local crafts, for instance red boot production are on display. In the last two rooms painted furniture and the colorful local costumes is very richly represented. We should then cross the road and visit the Fire Station. Walking along Lower Market Row and Lower Street we should turn into Gunsmiths Street and find the private collection of Ida Vigh at no. 174, where we might even try on some of the local costumes. (If we still have time we can also visit the collection of Anna Gelei, at no. 180.)

5. The tour of church heritage – about 1-1.5 hours
We should start our walk at the Unitarian Church. The key can be found at the priest or the bellman. We should admire the rich late baroque interior, and surrounding the church we should look for the various commemorative plates and inscriptions. Next to the house of the headmaster let us walk to the Unitarian parish house. This building is a fine example of village mansions and parishes. At the southern end of the Upper Market Row we can have a look at the newly restored Orthodox church and the little Russian War cemetery. In St George Street we should find the stairs of the cemetery which are behind a nice wrought iron gate. We should spend at least 20 minutes in the cemetery looking for 18-19th century carved grave-stones, trademarks and crypts. The higher we climb the hill, the better will be the view of the village which we can admire.