Intervention and preventive conservation of architectural heritage in Romania and Portugal: transfer of know-how
12 april 2012
The Transylvania Trust Foundation is one of the Romanian partners of the “PRO-EXEMPLARIA. Intervention and preventive conservation of architectural heritage in Romania and Portugal: transfer of know-how (2010 – 2012)” European project, coordinated by the École d’Avignon – Center of Training for the Rehabilitation of Architectural Heritage in France.
PRO-EXEMPLARIA aims to develop training programmes on the maintenance of the built heritage of Romania and Portugal.
In addition to the Transylvania Trust and the coordinator of the project, the partnership includes the following institutions/organizations from Romania and Portugal: National Instutitute of Heritage (INP) - Romania, University of Architecture and Urbanism „Ion Mincu” (UAUIM) - Romania, In CidadesAssociation – Portugal, Institute for Public Management (IGAP) – Portugal.
Objectives of the project
- The adaptation of the short-term training programmes of École d’Avignon (France) in the Romanian and Portuguese context.
- Training the Romanian and Portuguese trainers through the tools developed by such means.
- The testing and validation of these tools during the pilot-trainings organized in Romania and Portugal.
- The assessment and identification of enterprises qualified in the field of built heritage from Romania and Portugal.
- The promotion and dissemination of the project results in Romania, Portugal and Europe-wide.
- Trainers of vocational education and other educational personnel.
- Managers and technicians of local authorities.
- Other specialists in the construction field: architects, engineers, etc. and future professionals (students of Architecture, Urbanism, etc.).
From October 2010 to September 2012, the PRO EXEMPLARIA project partners will produce a set of tools for the implementation, valorification of the project and for the dissemination of the results:
- preliminary studies on the Romanian and Portuguese built heritage, references for the development of the training tools,
- training schemes focusing on the priority topics identified by the preliminary studies,
- study report on the identification of Romanian and Portuguese enterprises qualified in the field of built heritage,
- the PRO-EXEMPLARIA website (www.pro-exemplaria.eu): the overview of the project and its news, a centre of educational and human resources (the presentation of the trainers trained within the framework of the project).
In Portugal, the cities of Guimarães and Elvas will host the pilot-trainings, contributing as such to the implementation of the project. For more information on the terms of registration and training dates please visit the following website: www.igap.pt.
In Romania, these will be held at the Bánffy Castle (Bontida), in the Built Heritage Conservation Training Centre, organised by the Transylvania Trust Foundation. For more information on the terms of registration and training dates please visit the website of the Centre: www.heritagetraining-banffycastle.org.
For additional information about the project please visit the official project website:
This project is funded by the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union. The contents of this page are the sole responsibility of the author and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.