Open Day at the Bánffy Castle in Bonŝida
18 september 2011
In the spirit of the European Heritage Days, launched by the European Council in 1991, the Transylvania Trust Foundation from Cluj, specialised in the protection of built heritage, is organising an Open Day at the Bánffy Castle in Bonŝida on the 18th of September 2011.
In addition to the Free Entry to the castle, this year the organizers will welcome visitors with a variety of interesting programmes.
Programme of the day (between 11:00 and 18:00):
- “Training and Information Centre” - within the framework of the International Project “CSE in Heritage: Civil Society Engagement in community building through the understanding, development, management and preservation of the built cultural heritage of the Western Balkans”, led by the Transylvania Trust and funded by the European Union, there will also be a launch of a new Training and Information Centre where owners and managers of historic buildings can get free advice on care, maintenance and funding
- Demonstrations of traditional craft skills: rendering, stonemasonry and carpentry
- “A Decade of Memories” – photo exhibition about the restoration works of the Bánffy Castle and the participants of the Built Heritage Conservation Training Programme
- „The Bánffy Castle in Bonŝida” – guided tour (start of the tours at: 12:00 and 14:00)
- „Archive” photo competition – Visitors can participate with their own photographs which show the castle before the 1980’s
- „Picnic on the Green” – the organizers will provide an outdoor space for a Sunday picnic on the green, for all interested families and group of friends